15 Nov 2018 by Charles Manners
The food revolution only started in the early 2000, with a food manifesto, now the quality and choice of food from street food to high end restaurants Is outstanding.
They really take to the use of local seasonal food, with vegan and plant foods very prominent, despite there being more pigs in Denmark than people.
The climate is well suited to producing good vegetables, and they display these to great effect. Supermarket shopping even in Aldi was a different experience in terms of quality.
We went on a food tour https://copenhagen.foodtours.eu/ which is recommended
- Arla Unika. Torvehallerne, Frederiksborggade 21, in hall 1.
- Bornholmerbutikken. Torvehallerne, in hall 1.
- Aamanns Deli. Østerfarimagsgade 10
- Nørrebro Bryghus. Ryesgade 3
- Den Økologiske Pølsemand. Købmagergade by Rundetårn.
- Sømods Bolcher. Nørregade 36
- Summerbird. Torvehallerne, in hall 2.
We also went to Musling https://muslingbistro.dk/ and Host https://cofoco.dk/en/restaurants/hoest/ and Warpigs in the Meat Packing district http://warpigs.dk/